I’m actually posting Baxter’s 11 month pictures in a timely fashion! Gasp! But that’s because we’re basically all quarantined at home today due to hand-foot-and-mouth disease that is running through our house hold. Yuck. High fevers, nasty rashes, no appetites…it started with Charlotte, went to Bax, on to Fred, and I’m ok…so far.
In any case, we have to stay away from other children, so we had plenty of time for photos today! Between ten and eleven months were a BIG change for Baxter:
- Still has only two teeth, and weighs in at 16 lbs. 6 oz, or in the 1%. Tiny peanut!
- Finally figured out how to crawl on all fours instead of his inchworm/army crawl. He can crawl over/under/around/inside/outside anything that presents an obstacle!
- Is slowly starting to cruise on furniture, but really cruises with his push stroller toy. The boy is fearless. FEARLESS! He will push that thing like a bat out of hell, fall, and get up and do it all over again!
- Babbles more and more, loving to make different tones with his voice, and plenty of yells
- Grunts a little gremlin grunt and blows raspberries at anyone that will look at him
- Thinks Charlotte is the funniest person on the planet. On a recent trip to the beach, she repeatedly threw Dad’s flip flop at his face, and he repeatedly cracked up.
- Did his first sign! Signed “more” when eating, and uses it sporadically.
- Has a definite word/sound for Dad. “DA! DAAAA!” he will shout upon seeing Fred. Still no consistent “mama”.
- Loves Pippa and gives her lots of hugs
- Went on his first family camp trip to Sebago Lake for a week with my family. Baxter loved the water, the beach, crawling around the house, playing with everyone, the food…basically everything except sleeping. Which he did not do much of. He preferred to cry his brains out each night, prompting Fred and I to take him home a day early and let everyone else have some peace and quiet!
- Favorite foods are applesauce, avocado, pasta, watermelon, fish (sometimes), and crackers